The most effective way for local campaigns to raise money is still the ‘old-fashioned’ way — by making calls and holding events. Personal contacts and solicitation are still an integral part of the fundraising process.
Online fundraising can be a good way to bring in campaign funds, particularly if you want to target a wider audience and a greater quantity of small donations. As technical barriers have dropped in recent years, more and more local campaigns are raising money online.
- Anatomy of an Online Donation – Learn the how, what and where of taking online donations.
- Open a Political Campaign Bank Account – And the basics of campaign banking.
- Fundraising Services – What online processor will you use? What should you consider when selecting a vendor.
- Your Online Pitch – What to ask and what to say to maximize online donations.
- Fundraising in a Recession – Times are tough and getting contributions can be tougher. Here are some tips for raising money in during an economic downturn.
- Making That Final Fundraising Push – As you come to the end of your campaign, those last-minute dollars can make all the difference!